R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Touring racing Upstate SC
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2005, 05:50 AM
craigp
Tech Adept

Lots of action here and a lot of smack talk. Let's see, I wrote that name on the first place trophy but it was with DISAPEARING INK. LOL Sorry Chadster.

We will do the single file starts. It has proven to be less destructive on the start and being 5ft or 10 ft farther back in the line will not be the deciding factor in the overall finishing order. But getting clobbered on the start in a side by side race to the corner always ends up in someone being taken out. That's no fun.

We can do IFMAR heats if that's what is preferred. We've just got to STRESS to EVERYONE that it is a race against the clock not each other. When we've done the heats IFMAR style before the racing was just as intense as if it was regular qualifying and it made no difference at all except it was a real bore to spectators because doing it IFMAR doesn't really make the guy in front the guy in first place. Personally as a racer, I hate IFMAR qualifying, people will try and pass the car in front of them just as hard regardless. But we'll do it however the majority wants.

I posted some recent pics of the track layout and the pit room on our web forum at www.carolinarc.com go to the forum link and then to the Touring thread.