R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 4.0
Thread: TLR 22 4.0
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 02:47 AM
ZEe_NYC
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)

i run a 22 3.0 with a TLR laydown. I run a front wing and front 4wd wide. In order to play around with balanced traction, I only mess around with the front tires and the way I sauce them. I want to have maximum rear traction , mind you, so rear tires are sauced full before every qualifier/main.

Front tires are a bit different. Depending on where the traction is, I can switch back to 2wd wide fronts of the traction has a really good balance front to rear. That doesn't necessarily mean that a 2wd front with full sauce is my preferred (for my driving style). Then comes the saucing part. If the traction is to the point where my car is getting twitchy, I will sauce just the inside of the front tires. 2wd front will get full sauce, always.

My go-to setup is
Front wing (in front of tower)
4wd front wide tires
1/2 sauce front, full sauce rear
-1° or 0° Front camber with 0° toe
-2° Rear camber

It's a balanced car, grip wise. Obviously as the race goes on I will lose a bit of traction, but I easily compensate it with my driving.

Also remember that driver input is more important than the setup. Maybe try tunin for maximum traction and the setting your steering rate a bit lower. I used to do this when I would sauce my front tires completely. To prevent traction roll, is set my steering rate to 85-87% at the beginning of the race and slowly move it back up to 100% as the race went on.

Hope this helps.