R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent SRX8-E
Thread: Serpent SRX8-E
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 05:22 AM
louie8269
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by latentspeed
If you're not happy with your tekno there are many guys new to rc, unsure about assembling, who'd buy it for at least $400. Do that and you'd be able to get serpent or other good models like mugen or the underrated sworkz for less than $200 difference after selling your old junk.

If that's how you felt, don't know why you bought it anyway after a month with the truggy version. Not much difference between them.
lol....

Tekno is not junk at all. Everyone has different driving styles and like different aspects of different manufacturer's kits. I just got back into racing and the only kit I had built previously was the SCT410.3 which I really liked. I got my Serpent buggy used.

When I decided to race again I decided to buy new kits and, at the time, the new serpent hadn't been released. I also wanted to have the same brand buggy and truggy. With no mention of the Serpent truggy being updated I chose Tekno.

Also, there is actually a big difference between the Tekno buggy and truggy. (handeling-wise) I love the truggy. Does exactly what I want it to do. The buggy is a work in progress and, realistically, I just need to tinker with the setup to get it right.

So basically I just want to see what the Serpent has to offer and see it in person and see if it is worth a switch or if it's just a 'grass is greener' situation.

I hope this longer rational satisfies you. Being that I never mentioned my truggy in this thread, and you even know the timeline of my purchases, my curiosity must bother you enough to dig into my other posts and such.