R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center
Old 05-06-2017, 02:04 PM
bshookup
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hypertc3
Thanks Brian,those sound like 64 pitch number,I have a few I bought for a 12R5,2 I'm setting up for stock as well.I will be painting a new body this weekend and hope to get some practice maybe tomorrow or during the week,Igot a Reedy Sonic M3 17.5 for stock.Is there anywhere local to get parts,tires or sauce or do I have to order stuff?
Thank Again,
Gary
Gary, yes those were 64 pitch numbers. I personally run 64 pitch in 17.5, but 48 pitch works just fine. I live down in Olympia, and get some things from Tacoma RC Raceway. I don't know where you live, and others may chime in with knowledge of more shops up north. TRCR should be able to get you going with a 69 or 72 tooth 48 pitch spur and appropriate pinions, but they wouldn't have 64 pitch. The last time I bought FX2 was at TRCR, but I don't know if they regularly carry it. Cleaning tires with WD40 works in a pinch, and I wouldn't be afraid to try different sauces. Rarely, have I encountered a "bad" sauce. Some are better than others for the conditions.

A localish way to get tires and parts is I believe to connect with Korey Harbke who posted on the previous page. I think that you can order things from Apexrc.com and have him deliver them to you at the track if he is racing that day. Also gripworksrc.com is run by a local Canadian who comes down and races with us frequently.

I'm going to be heading up to Galaxy Hobbies in Lynnwood tomorrow, and if you send me a PM, I could meet you there or along the way and give you some practice tires if you needed some.

- Brian