R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pro 10: 235mm Le Mans Prototype Pan Car Discussion
Old 05-05-2017, 09:17 AM
Pro10noob
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Run 250 in the side shocks and 450 in the centre shocks.
Tires 40 front and 35 or 30 rear
Springs on the side blue asso or a bit softer and centre spring go for the Tamiya yellow TC spring.
Front height at 5.2 to 5.5mm and rear 5.5 to 6mm.
Half degree toe out, 2 dregrees camber and 5 degrees caster.
Get a brace on the front side and mount the V- links in the highest position.
Should help a lot.

Regards Roy

Originally Posted by daleburr
My VIP Vorlon had it's first test run last weekend at my local outdoor track.

It needed a new, narrower front plate to fit the Swift shell. 4mm narrower per side. So I integrated the servo mounts so that bumpsteer is unchanged with ride-height.

It's running 2S 13.5 blinky, primarily as I have those electrics from TC. My local track (Bedworth) is fairly small by european standards (50m straight), so the power was fine. When I go to a larger track (Cotswolds) I may run some turbo for the straights. Geared at 60mmpr for blinky which seemed about right.

Handling at high-speed was excellent, lots of grip from all that downforce. Could just about take the sweepers flat out. Through the low-speed sections it was only average, even on 25r/40f tyres. A shorty lipo improved it quite a bit, giving more turn-in and traction thanks to the rearward weight balance. It still needs more traction so I'll try thinner side dampers (they've got 350 in at the moment).

I was using Paragon FX2 additive which has worked well on foams outdoors before. Any suggestions for anything better on cool tracks?

The car was great fun, and at a high-speed circuit it's going to be awesome with all that downforce.