R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Where is nitro headed
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 11:38 AM
wittyname
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Nitro is tough for a lot of people to pick up simply because its the fist small engine in their life. If you grew up in a rural area with a big mower , weed eater , mini bike , boat , motorcycle , what ever , you have dealt with the basics before. Running nitro is a progression from things you have seen and done before. If you grew up in a apartment complex or the city, chances are good you just never got exposed to any of that . That certainly would make the nitro learning curve a bit more difficult. Electric has its place , and it deserves some respect for bringing in new comers. They can get into 1/8 scale racing , go fast , and own and race a car that wont break every time they run it . My e cars were all less expensive than my nitro cars , and probably got more track time too. BUT .... The nitro cars drive better imo. They get away with things e cars cant , both in the air and on the ground. The LHS would do themselves a favor if they would just spend 20 minutes on a sat or Sunday morning doing a nitro 101 class . My track on a weekend without a race is usually full of electric cars , but when you break out a full tilt .21 race buggy or truggy things change. I see people want to experience it themselves , and they always ask 2 questions .... We all have heard them ...

How fast is it ?

How much does it cost ?

The latter usually kills the idea