R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent SRX8-E
Thread: Serpent SRX8-E
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 03:30 PM
chicky03
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by latentspeed
You see things the way you want. Tekno used to make electric conversions for all brands. That does not mean they copied anyone. The car does not handle like any other. Not like hb that claims their cars handle like kyosho. They use kyosho parts too. Teknos like to fly further on jumps, only car with truggy shocks that extend far on the arms. Don't use droop screws and you get monster truck ground clearance. Landing is great too.

Tlr is and has always been original also. The most unique car brand. They follow no one for sure. For me I don't like the steering feel, but it's a very capable car that many like.

The Japanese brands have been doing this for the longest time. Every unoriginal brand would base their cars off of them. Calm stable steering and nothing matches them on bumpy tracks.

All four are original. They have their own driving feel and made their own design. A lot of effort, creativity, trial and error which is costly, time consuming and hard to develop things the honest way. Something I appreciate. The moment any of them start doing things the weasely way I'd hammer tekno or whoever just as hard.
The tekno front knuckle/castor block design is the same as a losi so now is tekno some one who copies? The tekno 48.3 suspension arm length is the same as our old 811BE and Nitro, maybe be they copied a serpent? The tekno layout is a copy of the hyper 9E and may other rc cars before hand, then othesr followed suit. The new tekno 48.4 had the rear end of the losi as well. The Mugen rear end is a copy of the losi, The HB is a copy of a kyosho 777, The only thing you could maybe say original about the tekno 48.4 is the fact that the shocks mount very far outside of the arms. All the brands copy to some extent, no car is magical, its about the driver and the setup. You say the tekno jumps so awesome, did you know that most off road tracks have bumps and turns as well, Do all the cars do all the things the best at all tracks, I dont think so.