R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF419
Thread: Tamiya TRF419
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 11:08 AM
Marcika
Tech Adept

Hi Simmi,

Good results for sure. I am still virgin with my 419x on asphalt, looking for this weekend to see where we are.
I dont do such changes on my X , but interesting your setting for sure. If it works then even better !

Some questions to understand more:
1. Did you start with some base setting with tamiya parts/base setup to see improvement? If so, what brought the biggest adv and what it was?(I have no issues with C-hub, regular mtce needed but no broken stuff anymore)
2. How did you car perform vs others with this setup in best laptime? In carpet i was quicker on best lap mostly by 0.1 sec, so I didnt change the car so much. If I didnt win it was my mistake .
3. What i am also interested why you are running 2mm spacers in front susp and why did you have only 1mm shims inside on the bulks. So big changes vs std. Is traction high?

Thanks for the feedback on above!

Keep us updated with your result and enjoy the car !
Marton

Originally Posted by Simmi
Hi Tamiya TRF guys

Yesterday had a race at our home track.
First must say I love my car sooo much

With my XRay Front I had a lot of steering and the car had all day long a stable rear. Changed during the day to Suspension Mount D in the rear.
Car was so fast and nice to drive but my driver skill was not good
Drive super fast and good 4-5 rounds than I had a mistake that cost me 2sec.
Use in the shocktower only 2 Screws and in Front the Arrowmax 44mm drive shaft with Blades.

End up at P4. Must work to drive better with this fantastic lovely TRF Racer.

Attached the setup and some pics of the car