R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - WRC Racing F-One
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 12:22 AM
disaster999
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Im sure a lot of you would tell me to keep off the boards, or drive better, to avoid crashing, but sometimes nothing is perfect. Your setting isnt setup just right, your not feeling 100% that day or you just make mistakes, happens to all of us.

Well I had my fair share of crashing into the boards head on and that weakened the plastic nose piece in the front. I did some temporary fix with CA but that was quickly undone with one hit, so I had to get creative.

Hopefully this brace holds up. Ive furture dialed in the car this weekend and I was able to make a clean run for the entire pack without the rear stepping out. The trick was simple, lowered the gear ratio. I was running 2.2:1 ratio with 21.5T and i dropped it down to 2.0:1. The motor wasnt strong enough to over power the rear tire grip and I was able to mash the throttle out of the turns. I was running a 44T pinon and a 88T spur which BARELY fits, theres literally no slack in the gear mesh. I will have to drop down to smaller spur in the future, but for the mean time, the car drives pretty good right now.

Last edited by disaster999; 05-01-2017 at 05:58 PM.