R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Where's The Love For Shortcourse?
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 07:55 AM
Jason B
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mvrk28
Funny how people can be so opposite, the love for 2wd buggy has never made any sense to me. Too fragile, too many cry baby drivers in the class.
Too fragile? Not if you have a modern kit. My B6D has proven to be darn near bulletproof. In fact, my son's SC10 has been benched twice in the last month: once with a broken chassis and most recently with broken rear pivots and broken rear arms. Bumpers are jacked, too, but who cares Granted if he had an SC5, the chassis might not be broken... who knows. Meanwhile, my B6D is fine

Cry babies? Meh, I've seen a cry baby or two in every class. But I suppose that's a matter of perspective. I suspect some of those "cry babies" are lamenting the "hacks" who think that racing amounts to simply shoving the other guy off the line and out of their way

But in all seriousness, I've enjoyed racing every single class at some point, but I always come back to 2WD stock. I don't know if it's because that's where I originally cut my teeth as a kid and there's a nostalgia factor, or if it's because that's where - at least IMO - you have racing at its purest (flamesuit donned). At the very least, I think it would be tough to deny that that the skill level and laptimes are tighter in stock 2WD than in any other class. Regardless, that doesn't always translate to "fun" for everyone. When I raced SC, I had a blast. Very little ego on the driver stand, no cut gears and motor-of-the-day... just good old fashion racing and rubbing.

I totally get the attraction to SC, but I've noticed that some people tend to get bored with it once they reach a certain level of competency. I'm DEFINITELY not saying that SC drivers are incompetent, but let's be honest - it's a great class for beginners. Once a beginner acquires some skill and wheels a 2WD buggy, they get a taste for the surgical precision it offers, and from that point forward their SC feels like they're wheeling an elephant around the track.