R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Toe adjustment question
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 07:52 AM
glennhl
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Think it relates more to their angle (steering hub and arm) relative to eachother, as their mounting points are so different.
Most manufactures default setups tend to aim for neutral bump steer. But it's useful to be able to set it to give toe in or out depending on what you're trying to achieve with the setup.
It has the most effect mid corner.

For setting up, I tend to tap the centre of the car on the top deck to make the suspension compress slightly and return to it's 'settled' position, then check toe and/or camber etc. Make changes to links, then repeat.

If you try to remove all the slop in an RC car you'll end up with something that is undriveable.
You are right, not only do the lengths of the suspension arm and the steering link need to be the same, but their angles need to be close. That way as they rotate, they stay the same relative to one another. Good catch!

I also tap the suspension to settle it before measuring toe, but now you guys have me thinking that I need to check toe as I hold the suspension down in order to see what kind of bump steer I have. Of course, it's just for information purposes, because I really can't change it.