R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - USGT Motor Questions
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 02:29 AM
Grizzbob
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old_dude
The new TSR motor "The One" has a new design that reduced the length of wire while maintaining the ROAR minimum stack length. That reduces its resistance comparable to other motors in the wind class. 13.5, 17.5 and 21.5. The 25.5 ROAR motors are built to a specified minimum resistance number, stack length and rotor spec. With that in play the TSR design could not be applied to that class.
Correct, & I believe some refer to their new winds as a Thin, Short Stack, & at the moment, the companies I can recall that are using them, are TSR(The One), Fantom(their FR-1v2), Team Powers(Actinium v2) & Motiv(MC2, or M-Code 2). But before you bolt in the hot motor of the month, it's best to focus more at first on car setup & driving. And for that, I think it's a good idea to have something cheap but decent to practice with & have as a backup, like the Trackstar ROAR-legal V2's, they're a surprisingly stout motor, at a bargain price(you can get one from around $46 or so). Use the budget motor at first until you feel that you're driving well enough that the motor is actually holding you back, then you bolt in the big gun & unleash the beast....