R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How competitive is a MP7.5 in 2016?
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2017, 04:03 PM
30Tooth
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The 7.5 hasn't run a single drop of fuel since I've started this thread yet I changed the setup almost monthly.

Applying things I've learnt and understood since I started this thread I can surely keep this sucker competitive, plan is to go to NEO or DNC (old plan was to go to last year's EC in Spain) and finish right behind Pros or mix with some (C main). So, compromises I've found are:
-if I want to run less caster/camber gain I have to run the old K1 steering blocks;
-rear suspension geometry could be improved a little regarding RC location, too much work to correct.
-weight bias is rear biased, too much I think.

Handling trait is the sensitivity to getting on power, where it robs the front much needed weight, already have the B blocks on the car which give less kick up so let's see if there's an improvement. Already spent most time on setting caster and bump steer (notable flaw on the car), went for a different approach on the rear geometry (return to long upper link) and will weight the car again see if a change in weight bias is in order. Found that this car isn't as good as I thought in the sense of serving as the base of my ideal buggy design, I found that my XB9 needs less new parts!