R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Help me figure out what I need for my car enthusiast festival!
Old 04-22-2017, 09:16 AM
BrycHouse32
Tech Rookie

Default Help me figure out what I need for my car enthusiast festival!

Long story short:
I'm a car enthusiast event organizer. I need some RC cars as an activity for people who will be at the event to participate in. I know next to nothing about RC cars and need help getting everything I need. If you think you might be able to help please read the long version

Long story long:
I do marketing and logistics for a company called SubieEvents (subieevents.com). We will be putting on 5 of the largest Subaru enthusiast festivals in the US this year and we are currently trying to get some more activities for the attendees to participate in. One of the things we'd like to do is get some decent RC cars and build a small track that people can mess around and have some fun on. The problem is, while I know a good bit about cars, I don't know much of anything about RC cars. I've started researching what to get and compiling a list but I need some input and advice from some people who actually know what they're doing before I finalize the list.

What I need:

-3 RC cars. Probably going with 1/10 scale and bodies MUST be Subarus.
-3 controllers. I assume at least 3 channel because we will have 3 cars.
-3 steering servos. Definitely need help with making sure I get ones that will work. Someone already told me he thinks the ones I have picked out might not work.
-9 batteries. 3 for each car because these will be getting used for a good part of the day.
-6 battery chargers. So we can be charging all of the batteries that aren't currently in use.

What's on my current list: (Unfortunately the forum won't let me post links yet)

RC Cars:
3 different Tamiya 1/10 Subarus (part # TAMC5831, 58538, 58439)

Controllers:
3PRKA 2.4GHz FHSS Radio System w/R203GF Receiver by Futaba (part # FUTK3100)

Batteries:
Traxxas NiMH 6-Cell 7.2V 1800mAh Stick Std (part # 2919)

Chargers:
12V 300mA Charger for 6.0V - 9.6V NiMH and NiCD Batteries with Standard Tamiya Connector (Charger Side) (part # 01009)

Steering servos:
SV-0220MG Standard Digital Metal Gear Servo (High Voltage) by Savox (part # SAV-SV-0220MG)

Any advice on whether all this will work or not or suggestions for better options would be much appreciated. Also I'm working with a budget of $1000-1300 for everything and of course would like to be on the lower end if possible.

I know that was a long read and thanks in advance!