R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Talk to me about the Kyosho MP9e TKI Ready Set
Old 04-21-2017, 08:35 AM
wittyname
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stiggosaurus
Thanks everyone, really appreciate the input. That's pretty much what I suspected, but figured it wouldn't hurt to check. Lots of good ideas here though, so thanks!

None of the hobby shops nearby are all that close (most are at least 40-45 minutes away), so I'll probably get most of my parts online. That being said, one of the hobby shops has a Tekno EB48.3 kit marked down to like $429 or $479 (I'll have to double check). I think that's one version behind from current, but is that decent deal?

I'll start poking around for some rollers in decent shape in the meantime and see what I can come up with. Where are you guys buying used from? eBay? Craigslist? Somewhere else?
My best deals have always come from racers at the local track. The fast guys are always wanting to upgrade and usually have nice extras to go with what they are getting rid of. Latest deal was a tool box full of spare nitro bits. Guy said he is getting out of nitro , I could take the whole box for $60 without looking through it all. Ended up having two os pipes in it , 2 reds Quattro clutches new , 2 buku clutches , and a lifetime supply of bearings and fuel line ... hit the track , poke around , be nosey , ask questions , offer to share your beer , it goes a long way...