R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ask Aaron Waldron
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2005, 01:33 PM
beetlebz
Tech Regular

Welcome back, Mr. Waldron!
(insert horseshack laugh here... ahh nevermind, im dating myself again arent I )

Anywhoo, Hey Aaron, did any of the Losi guys make it up to the 18th scale nats at enfield? I was going to go this weekend, but I decided a new XS3 was more important than buying all the parts I needed for my 18t to make it competition worthy. Besides, even with my RDS matched packs, id get smoked by the li-po guys

I have a question for you, and anyone else is more than welcome to throw down some input as well. we're having some dirt hauled in over the next couple weeks, and we are going to start forming up the new track (better late than never eh?). What aspects of the track to racers tend to look for when they decide if they like a track or not? Im not talking about the quality of the hotdogs, or the bathroom in the shop, but more along the lines of jumps, grooming, traction, banking, that sort of thing. We dont have the room available to do a whole lot with the track, so our goal is to make it *perfect* for 12-15t motors and gas trucks. rythym sections, tight triples, that sort of thing.

what is it that you guys look for first when rolling out onto a new track?