R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya Euro Truck Class
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2017, 05:57 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ThrottleKing
I bought one case they looked cool and I like the whole Idea of it. I had forgotten to install the mirrors during assemble and couldnt fit my hand up in there to fit them on after the fact but I guess my wife could have but I decided to leave them off since I was driving it on the carpet track and I feared they may potentially cause the carpet damage if the truck went over and after the first run it started to get tippy then the third run it flat out traction rolled any time you tried to lean on it. I put a 1/16th wid layer of CA on the edge of the sidewall at the contact patch and then the truck was money. I could lean on it hard and it handled very well and should make racing them door to door much more interesting vs tip toeing and bangin in to each other through the turns.

Do you all feel that this is wrong to use a minimal amount of CA if it makes the class more appealing to race vs guys saying why would we buy a truck that flips every other turn on the rug. I have no clue to what the guys are doing on the black carpet yet as I have had it only a few days and not taken it anywhere else other then my local grey carpet track. I figured it was just CA and everyone had to have it to glue the tires anyway and its not a black art.
Using CA on tires is a common practice for a lot of cars on the high grip carpet. It's not a high end hop up, It's cheap. It has nothing to do with electronics. The track could make a few bucks selling it. I think it's a good idea for this class and it will make it more appealing to other drivers. I like the crazy glue with the brush.