R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Scream Racing
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 04:19 AM
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAE
Anyone here running off-road? Got my 2nd tsr. Never played with thr timing on the first. Was still a rocket only coming off at 120 degrees with a fan. Wonder if there s room there for more timing

Checked my new motor. Set at 44 timing and pulling only 3 amps. Numbers don't be look great on skyrc motor analyzer but I'm sure that is of little value not having any load. I'm not complaining. Have had several of the latest crop of motors and my experience is tsr is on another level. Just want to find the sweet spot for off-road.

Is there a general amount of amps this motor likes to pull in 2s? Running 17.5 stock blinky in medium sized track (20 second laps). Thanks all!!
I just talked with John, It was your lucky day... you got 2 "The 1" motors by mistake

As for timing and gearing and amp draw....

I'm not an amp draw kind of guy...lol... There are too many variables that will effect what the motor draws.

If you are at 44*, try going 1* more. I really think you are close to the spot where the motor wants to be. Getting a motor to 140 or 160* doesn't always mean it was faster, it just got hotter...lol.. And chances are it's gonna loose bottom end and fade.

You could try leaving the timing and go up 1 pinion, then try down 1 pinion from where you are. If you are overgeared the motor isn't working in the RPM range and will come off cooler. You may see a pinion lower and the car is faster and gains 10* in temp.