R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 4.0
Thread: TLR 22 4.0
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 05:50 AM
jonbrown
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Pistol123
Just working my way through the 22 3.0 and comments about putting the +3 hubs on and hrc block to correct rc at low ride height.

With kit ride height appearing to be 23mm, if i wanted to run 20/21mm ride height, would it better to use the +3 hubs and front spindle adjustment? In my mind this would keep the wishbone angle stock and rc and give the correct ride height.

Surface is grass in the UK of that matters.
Thanks.

Guess I would also need to raise the diff to get correct driveshaf angle. Looks like 20mm might be at the top of the carpet setup and bottom of the dirt set up.

You need to look at what is affecting your ride height.

At Norfolk Buggy Club in the UK we have both a grass track and a dirt track.

I find that ride height is affected by the tire profile; as the dirt tires like JConcepts flip outs have a higher profile than the Schumacher mini spikes.

On the dirt track I'll run around 22mm ride height and on grass around 19/20mm, the difference in ride height though is down to the tire profile and not how much I have wound the shock collar down.

For reference I use the LRC blocks on grass and dirt.

I can understand using the +3mm hubs, raising the diff and doing the spindle adjustment if running the HRC blocks, as they effectively lower the ride height by raising where everything pivots from on the chassis.

Not sure if that helps, or confuses, but that is my understanding, which may or may not be correct.