R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC EB410 Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 09:12 AM
ezlight
Tech Master

Originally Posted by billdelong
Thanks for the clarification... I've heard nothing but good things about MKS servos... I agree that 1/8 cars will typically provide more abuse on servos but I wonder if longer linkages might offer a little more flex? I'm also running full aluminum steering rack in my K2 so there's practically no slop and no flex which is nice for precise steering output, but there's no forgiveness when landing with steering full lock from a large triple on a high traction surface, eventually over time, the gears in my Power HD servo will strip out (with no servo saver and aluminum horn)... if the Tessman servo fails in the same fashion, then I might give MKS a shot to see if their metal is any better. I've also started testing an aluminum case brushless servo from JX in my 1/8 Truggy and have been very happy with it so far too:
JX BLS-HV7032MG I might give this one a shot before dropping $250 on an MKS servo which then begs the question at what point is it cost effective?

Let's say I go through 2-3 servo gears a year at a cost of $45 replacement total max... or go through 4-6 servo savers as a cost of roughly the same, then how many years of racing the same chassis is it worth buying a more expensive servo... and will the more expensive servo guarantee to hold up too?

I don't think there's any right/wrong solution, just different philosophies of spending about the same amount of cash over time.
I have actually switched to proamps servo's myself. They're newish to the USA, but well known and loved elsewhere. I have a buddy that has been running the BLS139 in his truggy with great results, and he has now converted all of his cars over to them.

And MKS sources their IC from Proamps, if that tells you anything about the quality. Proamps servo's are also used in military drones (Not USA), so they have to be up to the task of extreme conditions.

You can get them at Pro Amps Servos Don't forget to used the codes on the site to save $$