R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What is wrong with touring car racing in florida?
Old 03-26-2017, 06:06 PM
esckalayd
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I know Jimmy and I have been out of Electric TC car racing for a few years but this weekend was honestly one of the most depressing things I have seen, and I don't mean Cory, Dave, and Austin kicking our asses. FSEARA races used to be great a few years back. Everyone showed up, there was mod (or 13.5), 17.5 and VTA and that was it. I feel sorry for the guys who really enjoy on-road RC car racing in Florida because the way this is going, there won't be much left.

If this weekend is any indication of how things are going to be moving forward, I believe all my stuff will be sold after Regionals. If the track owners, track groupies, and the rest of us can't get along and support each other, I don't want to be a part of it, and I will watch from the outside as you kill the hobby in Florida. Where, arguably we have the best tracks and talent in the US. This is coming from someone who has been in and out of the hobby over the past 5 years. I can't imagine what some of the newer guys are feeling.

I don't know how to fix it, but my opinion, there is no need for 3 local tracks to all be racing on the same day and we need to cut down on all the different classes.