View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 06:22 PM
bradshawkyle
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hangar 30, Round 11 Results

We wrapped another epic season at Hangar 30 with some laughs, a packed schedule with 35 entries and great racing. It was a night of firsts, including B-mains in both Stock Touring as well as Stock 1/12. Season points series cups were awarded in Stock Touring, Stock 1/12 and Scale spec, and the racing in all classes did not disappoint.

Travis Fisher made an impressive first effort in his return to the hobby, taking the Novice win over veteran racer Gary Bennett. Mark Brown continued his dominance in F1, with Adam Shelton 2nd and Scott Heywood 3rd.

In Stock Touring, Jeff Johnson won the B by 1.1 seconds over Ryan Lence. In the A, Top Qualifier Andrew Cartwright and Jake Danilchik traded the lead several times with Donny Banks lurking in the background, waiting for his time to pounce. Donnyís opportunity came about 2 minutes in when Andrew and Jake tangled, allowing him to slip in to the lead. While Jake and Andrew got close, they werenít able to reel-in Donny, so the top 3 in the A were Donny, Jake and Andrew 1, 2 and 3. In the season points, Jake took 3rd, Jeff 2nd and Mike Boyle claimed top honors.

Stock 1/12 saw the usual battle between Todd, Stuart and Brian, but this final race added a mysterious figure known as The Stig into the mix. We donít know much about The Stig, some say he was once bitten by a king cobra, and after 6 days of agonizing pain, the cobra died. All we know is his name, and that he managed a convincing 4th, Todd 3rd, Stuart 2nd and Brian 4th. In the points, Todd claimed 3rd, Stuart 2nd and Brian added the champions cup to his whiskey drinking options.

Scale Spec was only 8 cars, but packed with talent as Mike Boyle joined frequent winners Franko Roberts and Chris Perry, albeit while rocking an amazing flat-nosed 18-wheeler body he called the Maclan Truck. For those of you what didnít see it, letís just say it was about as aerodynamic as a barn. Franko took TQ honors, with Mike and Chris lining up behind. As is often the case in this class, the Main got off to a rough start Ė to in fact. The initial attempt was aborted in the first corner after a 10í section of pipe transformed into a turnstyle and collected half the field. Red flag. Reset. The restart yielded incidents on lap 1 and 2, dropping the top 3 to the back of the pack and promoting me to the lead. I clinched my cheeks, tried not to allow any poo to sneak out and ran as fast as I could from the carnage. When the clock ran down, Adam Shelton claimed 3rd, Chris worked his way from 7th to 2nd, and I took the win. In the series points, Tim Cook took 3rd, I claimed 2nd and Chris Perry was crowned our Scale Spec champion.

Thanks again to everyone who raced, set-up, hung out, and generally contributed to making Hangar 30 a great place to race. Results and final series points are posted below. I hope to see you at the ECC tomorrow, SeaTac in April, or back at Hangar 30 next September!
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (51.1 KB, 24 views)
Round2.txt (52.3 KB, 25 views)
Round3.txt (48.1 KB, 54 views)
File Type: pdf
H30 Season Points.pdf (310.1 KB, 50 views)