R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BMI 1/12 conversion/car
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2005, 03:56 AM
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Fatdoggy,
Very nice, Do you have travel both directions without the pistons bottoming out? I couldn't see with the speedo there, did you take the tweek screws out? I ran last night with the tweek screws in and I took the springs off the shock. I think the springs on and tweek screws out cornered better and came out of the turn more consistant. I also tried the olive center spring, then silver springs on the side shocks. In stock it cornered even faster, but 19t and mod. there was too much weight transfer and the car started to sqare off a bit. One other thing you may want to look at, the shims on the front a-arms. I typically run the left side (looking from rear) with 1 and 1 shims, the right side I'd run both up front. The lower left arm mold is off and if you set it up equal the castor is off. Try taking your tires off and look at the kingpins. One last thing, do you have red o-rings on the ball studs? Any play will make it handle poopy!! I have them on all my ball studs where a shock snaps on.

dakrat,
I run a big tekin speedo and a stock m8 reciever and my car was 1 oz. over. But like JohnB said... He went .3 tenths a sec. per lap faster even with the weight!! Is it worth it? I'm sure with a small speedo and reciever it would be a few tenths of an oz. over.
I know JohnB runs a big tekin speedo too.

Wayne