R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10B64 Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 01:53 PM
QDRHRSE
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

Originally Posted by elex300
You can't compare a brand new platform to a car that's been out for a few years and been refined like the Xb4 and the 224 platforms. Also saying the 224 2.0 is a better car out of the box is also unfair for the same reason. If I remember correctly the 224 1.0 wasn't all that great. Once it was refined to where it is now it's dialed. Not 1 company has ever hit a home run with a new platform. Give AE some time to gather feedback from avg. users and the team drivers. I guarantee in a year the b64 will be a totally different animal.
I knew that this would come up. I'm just going to play the devils advocate for a second while answer you. Keep in mind I have 2 of each cars and am still working through my B64 issues. I like the brand and I'm willing to support them. That doesn't mean I can't be disappointed and share my very unbiased opinion based on my personal experience.

AE was aware of what the current cars [it competitors] were like. Why would they release something not on par with what is already selling? As a consumer I don't care that the car is gen 1. Not my concern. The car should have been able to compete with what was on the market when it came out. Why buy a car with teething pains when I could buy one that's established and has the bugs worked out already. That's kind of my point. What you said about the other cars is true. I don't disagree. However, when the XRAY broke bulkheads etc nobody bought it. TLR actually was very responsive to the market and made their mediocre car much better and then it started to sell. I just would have thought that the new AE would need less evolution. I'm not on this thread telling anybody to buy anything else. I'm just saying that they released an inferior product. Since it was just released why can't I compare it to the competition? Help me out. If most of us didn't have some semblance of brand loyalty why wouldn't we just buy one of the sorted out cars first? Seriously? I am giving it chance but I'm being honest about it. Isn't that what these forums are for?