R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Prediction for carpet racing 1/10 and 1/12 in coming years
Old 03-18-2017, 12:45 PM
Penguin21
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eddie_E

I love 1/12 scale, but it will die soon without new blood that want to buy a $250 tire truer and spend $50 a month on tires, yet F1 rubber tires on WGTR have ruined the driving character of the cars.

why not turn tire truing into a business? when I was young and started I couldn't afford a tire truer and it wasn't a problem cause the local shop owner raced and would mount and true my tires for a couple bucks.

Why not a fiberglass chassis on road/oval 1/12 scale without all the adjustments? slap a just stock 1cell esc, smc spec battery and pick a 25.5 motor and your off. for big events 1 set of tires to run the whole race on. this should help with the start up costs.

As for the track why not just see if a local school/church might have a gym to use on a daily rent basis. they make a few dollars and you have a place to race. at least if you don't have a place full time you can still have a place to run.