R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Prediction for carpet racing 1/10 and 1/12 in coming years
Old 03-17-2017, 09:50 PM
xevias
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The below isn't a cohesive thought, just a few ideas crumpled together.

How racing is done in the future isn't really as important as who is racing in the future.

When internet speeds improve to eliminate lag, everything that is done racing a real car can be done on-line. VRC Pro and gaming systems already do this now.

To have a viable business/activity, one must replace us old guys with fresh blood.

In the China area I live, tracks are subsidized and sometimes regulated by friendly government agencies. For example, last year's On Road Worlds were organized by the Chinese government, not a private club.

Because of the basic educational system here, you must enroll your kids in after school activities; some sponsored by the government, some private companies. They teach piano, rock climbing, etc. People I know have found corporate sponsors and held educational racing clubs for kids in and out of the school system.

Depending on age, there are opportunities to teach geometry, dynamics, electricity, painting, vacuum forming, mechanical engineering, manufacturing, etc. With all those teaching computer sub-systems like Solid Works, Excel, AutoCAD, finite modeling, etc.

I really see an opportunity in the near future to replace the present old man racing model with something more educational, emphasizing the STEM subjects for teenagers to learn and compete.