Old 03-17-2017, 12:08 PM
fredygump
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Opinions on 1/8 buggy + truggy from same mfg?

Hey, I'm getting back into RC after selling my stuff to make the down payment on a house...

I need some help understanding the current selection of RCs.

I want a 1/8 buggy and truggy from the same manufacturer.

I want them to have pivot ball front suspension, because I've struggled to get enough steering with c-hubs.

I want both trucks to be solid performers, both durability and handling characteristics.

I want to support a company that will have spare parts available when I need them!

I will be running on loose dirt or the local natural mix of clay & sand that becomes hard packed with loose fine sand on top. In other words, slippy and slidy conditions. I've never raced on an indoor clay surface, and there isn't anything like that nearby.

My previous beast was a DEX408T, which never had enough steering, on or off throttle. I think the problem was the lazy caster angle. I almost got it to work by using the most aggressive c-hub...and minimum kick-up setting. But still, almost, but not quite.

My driving style is more finesse. I'm looking for racing lines...sometimes I turn left to go right, but more often I will use the brakes, try to hit the apex, and smoothly accelerate out of the turn without violent wheel spin.

A local backyard track owner raved about how good the MBX6 was, but how lazy the MBX7eco is. And he was running a Sworkz S350(?), which he praised for huge steering throw and adjustability. He seemed to believe it was about the best, atleast for his track, which was made from black dirt.

But yeah, any thoughts on a Sworkz buggy + truggy? Amain has the S35-2E on clearance, but the "3E" isn't listed yet... Is the Sworkz gonna fit the bill? Or should I look elsewhere?

Or should I be looking at Mugen? Associated? I'm looking for something I can run for a few years and be reasonably certain of future parts availability. (Yes, I'm talking about you, Team Durango....)