R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF801XT
Thread: Tamiya TRF801XT
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 05:55 PM
MikeyMike801xt
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by the wrench
if you go far back in the thread somewhere, i posted pictures on what i did, i used xray xt8 arms front and rear, and kyosho mp9 readyset front hubs and knuckles

i was able to use the stock "long arm" driveshafts with this setup and minimal fitting with the dremel here and there, mainly to ensure free movement around the c hub and arm, than drilled pilot holes for new droop screw locations.. the kyosho parts came complete with bearings, screws, post bushings... i havent broken an arm since i put it together, even though i bought like 3 sets of replacement xray parts

i also have a set of d8t tessmann edition cvds, i was gonna see if they were long enough to swap back to the tamiya front knuckles and hubs with the xray arms, if i could find aluminum kyosho front hubs for cheap, id use them... the readyset hubs and xray arms are really flexy at the hub end, and the tamiya hubs have options for link locations the kyosho stuff doesnt...

hope that helps
I appreciate it man, I'll look into it. I really love this thing but I've been taking it easy from racing due to the high price in front a arms, I have like 12 pairs( I mean pairs, set of two) of rear a arms lol.