R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 4wd stadium trucks!
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 01:14 PM
racer1812
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aspiringracer
That 4wd stadium truck is just a dream. I believe there are many reasons it hasn't taken off but when people are modifying cars and scrapping together parts to give a single other vehicle (the ofna hyper tt) a competitor, I think that's a concrete demand for another option at bare minimum; I'm just trying to open people up to the idea that their 4wd buggy is not too far off from being capable as a 4wd st if they wanted to get creative. If anyone wanted to be technical, an entire revision would need to be done to a buggy by its manufacturer (think 5-10mm + wheelbase, longer arms and driveshafts, steering geometry would need some tweaking, new towers, longer shocks) for it to be a true conversion but it's possible. Anyone here remember racing mt's back in '04 and seeing that wierd guy put his MT bowties on his buggy with a truck body? Kind of created a whole class with that.. Not sure why so many either love this concept of 4wd stadium truck racing or try to strike it down like it's going to ruin racing.. The way I see it whether I race it or not if it brings people into the hobby or those in the hobby enjoy it, embrace it not shun it.
Blame Traxxas and the Revo for killing MT, that's how you got the current Truggy class. Not some dude putting MT tires on a buggy.

I'm not trying to kill anyone's dreams. I'm saying WAKE UP! It ain't gonna happen. Best of luck to you and the 4 guys you'll convince to build one of these frankenstien's

Let's bump this thread in 5 years and see where we're at, sound good?