R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 4wd stadium trucks!
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 11:31 AM
aspiringracer
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
4wd ST becoming popular enough to be produced and supported by the top manufactures will sadly never happen. Short bus all but killed the 2wd ST class. 4wd short bus already has a strong foot hold those buyers as well.

It's fun to dream, and I hate to crush yours, but 4wd ST is just that..a dream.
I disagree. People like me love 4wd 1/10 buggy because of the sheer capability of the cars.. A 4wd St would have more airSide note: short course is great don't get me wrong, but its easily the nastiest class out there, especially 4wd mod SCT. I feel like ALOT of people who like the 4wd sct driving experience may jump ship if the action was cleaner.. Even if only by a little. The hyper tt was good enough for awhile to have an entire class for itself... Which is what I'm saying killed it: No other platforms that were legal; when people truggied their stampede 4x4 and got booted for using sct wheels and tires.

The LRP blast has come across my searches before but I looked for spares in the u.s. and well... None that i could find.

Losi ten mt doesnt fit in roar limits I don't believe and not sure stadium truck wheels would fit.

Just to be clear I'm not knocking any of the available/mentioned cars; I am however trying to keep this focused on possible conversions or completed conversions on 1/10 4wd buggies. Dave at MRC put one together probably a decade ago. It was in a magazine, forget what one though. Was right when brushless motors were becoming bigger and lipo batteries were entering our hobby.

My goal is to complete a conversion to 4wd st on the 22-4 and have a local sponsered driver break some track hotlap records.. Maybe get Frank Root on board with it and hope it takes off?