R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RWD, 4 Wheel Independent Susp. Onroad Cards - Why Not?, Why?, How?
Old 03-08-2017, 03:53 PM
Billy Kelly
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hawk6
I understand that the fastest and easiest to drive 1/10 scale car will probably be 4wd. And if fast and easy to drive is the only criteria, then case closed.

But my original post was just meant to ponder possibilities for the sake of realism, I guess. I think it all comes down to a balance between "scale realism" and "fast and easy to drive".

Put philosophically, if all we are concerned about is "fast and easy to drive", then why do we put headlight stickers on our shell, or clear windows? I think it's for some realism. So, rwd fully independent suspension is just another (although more difficult) step towards realism.

Or, someone needs to make Tesla bodyshells - then electric powered all wheel drive will match the shell.
I like the idea. Without demand, most brands won't take the risk. The new yokomo has my interest. I've only just stepped into racing last summer. More this summer, even giving F1 a shot.
If price is right on the Yokomo, I'll buy it. Another got another person curious. If it works then maybe can get few more. Create our own local class for it.