R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 4.0
Thread: TLR 22 4.0
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 04:26 PM
4wd Racer
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi8lunie
Some questions for Frank if you don't mind answering them ?!

1) which springs will be in the kit ?
2) how the diff height adjustment will work (I assume inserts similar to the 8ight rear diff that can be flipped?)
3) will the original 3.0 body still fit the 4.0
4) will 4 gear stand up box still fit this layout?
5) is the rear shock tower on the laydown a different geometry to the standup?

As a Uk based racer I was disappointed when the SR was announced as I though the rest of the world had been forgotten. Glad to see TLR have rewarded our patience with a "all-in1" kit.
Originally Posted by Frank Root
1. LF springs, silver front and white rear.
2. They are eccentric inserts for the diff and two different inserts for the idler shaft.
3. It will not.
4. Yes, it sure will.
5. Shock tower geometry is the same.

We've always working towards making it dialed for as many as possible.
Wanted to expand on question 3.)

con't 3.) When the new 22 4.0 2wd buggy is built in either standard 3-gear stand-up (or 4-gear stand-up) configuration with the shocks behind the tower (normal location as seen on the 3.0 of course), the original 22 3.0 body would able to be carried over & used on the 4.0 with no issues. Please correct me if I am wrong.

(However if the 3-gear laydown option is chosen, with the rear shocks in front of the rear tower (new optional rear shock location), then the new 4.0 body must be used in this case obviously.) Correct?

Far as using the 3-gear laydown, with the rear shocks behind the tower (same normal usual location as the 3.0) what is the case? The 3.0 body would work in this case as well? Would that be correct as well?

New Question 6.) The 3.0 built as is (with the new optional bell crank steering at the time) with the stock front spindle used only specifically for that bell crank system has 4mm trail built in the front as standard, even though it's marked as SC2, or what is the case here again? (4mm trail is stock & standard for the 3.0 correct or?)

Note: If all this is correct. Maybe we could get it added to the WiKi as well? Good useful info for anyone wanting to know in the future to compare the differences between the 3.0 and the new 4.0 car far as trying out new adjustments

Last edited by 4wd Racer; 03-05-2017 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Added Question #6.)