R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Most Powerful 21.5T, 17.5T, and 13.5T Motors?
Old 03-02-2017, 07:25 PM
eazy70
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nexxus
My main interest in the hobby has always been motor tinkering etc, I can't drive for sh... so I run a slow 21.5 class but I like the idea and the practice of motor maintenance, tuning etc, I have the motor checker, I have the dyno etc, I have found most 21.5 motors dyno between 80W and 115W, the 80W being a Justock 21.5 Gen 1 up to 115W for the latest and greatest.

My best dynoing motor? So far it was one Trackstar V2 21.5 which came in around 120W, far above the other 2 in the same order which were around 100W

That said, when you get someone saying "I want the fastest motor" to me all sorts of red flags come up, there is more to winning a race than your motor, it's no use a s.. hot motor if you can't drive, if you use packs that can't deliver the power, if your car is set up for drift yet you try and race, if the tyres you run are shot, if your radio is glitching etc

There are plenty of factors to winning a race, driving, set up, handling, what motor you have is towards the bottom of the list.
Just for comparison, the tsr 17.5 motor at 8.00 volts made 189 watts.