R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - - Coral Springs Off-Road Raceway
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 05:14 PM
spu83
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by papogator24
Hi, I'm new here. Last time I've raced r/c electric was nearly 20-25 years ago when I used to go with my uncle who was heavily involved in this hobby (had the whole shebangs..trailer, shops) to the tracks in broward and in homestead. My brother in law purchased a nitro buggy and I got all nostalgic about it. Plus, my step son is very interested in it (finally, never gets out of the room because of the PS4) so I'm trying to get him involved and will be participating with him.

This was my old car, however, I'm missing a broken piece for the right front suspension. I can't even remember what brand this was. Does anyone know and would I be able to find a part for the missing piece? EDIT: I found info from 1/4mile about the missing piece I need and the specific brand.

Also, what classes do most people run here? My stepson gets a little intimidated so I would probably take him on saturdays to do as much practice until he feels comfortable to join a race.

What would be a good starter car for him? (He keeps talking nitro but I said no.) To be fair, I would get the same car as him so we can be on even ground.

ebuggy > 4wd Short course > 2wd(1:10) > 4wd(1:10)
The best way is come to the track at race day talk to people.