R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - XRAY X12 2017 1/12 Pan Car
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 03:14 AM
R Dodge
Suspended

Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10
the new black crc carpet

35 x 75 approx
Xavier and I run the Xray black side springs, and center spring. We are also finding that the Xray 2.0 and 2.5 front spring are best for black carpet. X ran 2.0 at Snowbirds and I ran 2.5. Though I would've ran 2.0 if I had a set of them. We both use SpeedMerchant green spooge on the kingpins. I use SM Green on the rear tubes, but X prefers something around 7-10K diff fluid. We pretty much all run the battery transverse (across the chassis) for more steering. This also allows you to lower the servo plate by about 4mm. If you lower the servo plate, you will also need to change the servo mount posts to the X12'14 or '15 post and you must be careful that the post does not mount crooked into the slot that the screw goes through. A lot of guys will run a 0.1 or 0.2mm shim between the plate and the mount there to help prevent that. This allows you to lower the front of the shock and make the car rotate better. Lastly, while the Xray front end pieces are fine to start with, we are using the AE steering block, axle, kingpin, pivot ball and upper eyelet. Some guys prefer Xenon parts over the AE option, but that is what X and I run.

The above options should work well regardless of what tire you are running, though they are based on the lilac spec "purple stripe." We are finding that the purple stripe tires are really locking our cars in so we have had to find ways to make the car rotate. We both posted our snowbirds setups on the Xray site if you would like to have a baseline for those tires. I would recommend starting with Xavier's setup.