R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - First buggy after being away for 6ish years
Old 02-11-2017, 06:04 AM
Kultar
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey Folks! More questions!

Also -- looks like I can't do math quite well... its been almost 8 years since i've been away! Crazy!!

So I picked up a Tekin Gen3 17.5 and 21.5 -- hopefully that will be a good place to start.

I do have a few questions... turns out my LHS is currently converting their track to astro turf - looks to be 14-15mm length on the strands from the sample I saw.

I'm glad the post about turf (http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...rf-thread.html) got picked up and has some great information in it. However, due to being totally not familiar with the majority of the terms in there, could some give some advice on what to look for when selecting the proper tires for fresh astro turf?

I'm assuming that due it not being worn in yet(from reading the thread), longer pins would be more helpful.

Also - where can I go to get these tires? And are there suggestions on what wheels to mount them to? Foam Inserts are also a thing? The whole world of off-road tires are just a bit much to digest all at once

Thanks in advance! I appreciate the helpful advice from everyone!