R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Traxxas 2wd Slash Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 09:58 PM
bubbaslash
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheYellowDart
Hey all -

My kids are racing kids class with their slashes and having a lot of fun but the wheels that were given to me are too deep on the rims compared to stock slash so the rim rubs the arms when turning. Do you know what to look for with rims so they don't bind when turning? Thanks!!'
You have some options. Unfortunately, the 2wd Slash has different wheel offsets front and rear. You can add RPM offset compensating front arms to use rear or Slash 4wd wheels all around to simplify things. Do you know what the wheels are off of? If they're from a Losi, you can put the Proline Protrac kit on the Slash to accept zero offset wheels. The kit comes with stronger longer arms, stronger towers with more adjustment options, stronger rear bearing carriers with multiple camber link options, turnbuckles, and a set of zero offset wheels to mount more tires on. Last I checked the kit was $50-60. Or you can just buy wheels for 2WD Slash front and rear for the stock truck. AKA racing offers all of their tires as premounts if you want to skip gluing up your own.