R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - First buggy after being away for 6ish years
Old 02-09-2017, 09:26 AM
Kultar
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default First buggy after being away for 6ish years

Hey folks,

I'm back after a huge hiatus from all things R/C. I used to run a jrxs w/ a velociti 6.5 ... nothing serious as my local place didn't have any notion of a track.

I finally had enough of my life together that two weeks ago I made a plunge back into this world and decided i'd try the off-road world. As such, I picked up a B6D, a reedy 510R esc, a fantom FR1 6T, a futaba R304SB receiver and a futaba t4pv transmitter. As well as, of course, a 2s lipo pack and charger.

I spent a solid 6 hours putting it all together and with the weather being terrible the last two weeks, was only able to get it out and give it a whirl once. It was quite quick and brought back those feelings of just pure enjoyment.

I've not done any kind of racing other than rigging up a basic "track" for my buddies and I to attempt to get around cleanly.. but that was all flat and tended to be carpet. Any tips for what I should work on to get the skills I need to be able to handle this rig off road?

Also, any suggestions for this chassis that may be worth improving upon w/ upgrades?

It's good to be back to these forums.. i'm glad my username wasn't deleted

Cheers
Kul

edit:
I also was shocked to see novak went out of business :/ loved their stuff.

Final real question - I miss not having a setup board/system to help get everything dialed in right. In particular, I miss my old hudy setup board. Are there are any suggestions for something that would do the trick for offroad?

Last edited by Kultar; 02-09-2017 at 09:28 AM. Reason: additional question