R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI WR8 Flux/Ken Block H.F.H.V. Rally Car Thread
Old 02-08-2017, 09:44 AM
Cudacharger
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boostedk20
Hi guys, I just ordered a wr8 flux for 300$ with a new body off ebay. I currently have a hpi rs4 sport 3 flux and I love it for my on road race car, but was missing the offroad stuff. I always wanted a rally car and out of all of them this one was my favorite. I have a few questions tho since theres not a lot of support for this car unlike traxxas ones.

Im gonna be running 3s and read somewhere that the stock pinion sucks? Is it necessary to upgrade to the 19t pinion without overheating? Also the one I got comes with Integy shocks which look cool but im worried theyre trash since for every other car they seem to bend and leak. Does anyone have any experience with them? Other then that I plan to get the integy aluminum kit, along with offroad tires and tbone skid plates.
Congrats your going to enjoy this car. No overheating experiences with the stock pinion on 3s. I've only added a second castle motor fan and installed the stock shock spacers to firm the ride up a bit. The white Proline shocks I might upgraded but to be honest I really enjoy the stock setup on 3S. The body's are not cheap... I purchased a few extra bodies for display and run the digital zebra with turbo fans wheels.