R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - JConcepts Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 08:24 AM
Cain
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Got a chance to run some Jconcepts flipouts again on our carpet track due to track rules on no hardpin tires . I went with AKA red inserts, and the fronts ran the schuey staggers since they were cheap (mounted new for $10, figure why not) and it was a beautiful combo. I had the kind of planted feel I was looking for but still drivable drift.

I also tried saucing using goo gone which another driver had recommended on the forum and that really woke up the tires. Its like it conditioned the tires more than acted as a traction additive. This was less extra traction than in comparison to sxt 3.0, however, it felt a whole lot more consistent through the run.

The pins themselves on the flipouts looked to be in good condition, and I am curious to seee how the super soft compound would work relative to being a slick as others have been trying super soft compounds so they don't need as much of the SXT sauce. Since the green compound feels slightly stiffer than say prolines M4 compound, I am thining maybe these could be the hot ticket for our conditions and limitations here without lots of sauce.