R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - After three years, things have changed apparently, few questions if you don't mind
Old 01-31-2017, 10:04 PM
Grizzbob
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EbbTide
As far as chargers go, I usually stay away from the off brand models just because the warranty process is a little easier when you get something from a name brand. I pay more but I feel better having the peace of mind.

As for the android based radios, I have not tried any but I do use my android to make setup changes on my Tekin RX8 gen2 and I absolutely love that feature. It makes trackside setup changes a breeze.
Same here, I tried the knock-off route many years ago(a couple of Integy chargers, had a decent feature list), but they didn't last long & their customer service was exactly NIL, so that kinda soured me on off-brand stuff. I've been using Thunder Power chargers for about 10 years now, & have been overwhelmingly happy with them, all the features I've wanted & dead-solid reliable, so far(newest one i have is their TP-820HVC, absolutely loving it).
Oh, & about radios, I'm the same way, I care MUCH more about the feel, control & reliability of a radio than any gimmicks like an Android OS. There may be some great potential for goodies in the future, but that alone won't sell me a radio. I was a hardcore KO Propo guy for a long time(about 23 years) until I was at a ROAR Carpet Nationals about 5 years ago & my TX died on me(& they didn't have a KO at the shop to replace it with), so I tried a Futaba 4PL, & I've been using it & the 4PLS ever since, excellent value for the price(& their new 4PV looks like a really good choice, as well)....