R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TAMIYA M-06 Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 09:29 AM
ruebiracer
Tech Regular

Back from racing,
and really happy! It was a fun weekend.
And thousand times thank you to Raman, I owe you a beer!
Tested the shimizu 30/27 slicks with the sweep inserts, and it was a blast to drive!
These tires cured all my problems of the s-Grips with the too weak sidewalls and just got the beast going!
Car was lowerde by the 55D size, so I preloaded the springs to get ground clearance, which also changed my droop settings. So front was nearly 0 droop, just like Raman drives it. Shock length front was anyway reduced to 56mm, rear full "R" 62mm. Changed the diff to 5k, which helped for stability in some tight hairpin corners. rear camber could be reduced to -1°, coming from my S-grips std. -2°.
Acceleration in the starting grid was great. It just launched without any grip problems, never had problems to bring the power down. Learned a lot with my buddys Jochen and Joe.
Finished 3rd in the A-final from starting position 5, just behind my buddy Jochen on the old M03, which I also prepare for him. (was his car back in the day). 1st place was a 4WD touring car driven by a youngster.
Luck was also involved, due to some Lexan fights, but our Mini gang really got a good and fair show for the spectators.
Last final, I took the axle weights of, because it seemed strange to have them on on a high grip track. But it seemed to cause more grip roll in the tight turns.
Thank you Raman,
you´re really on the right way setting up the M06!
Br,
Matthias