R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - After three years, things have changed apparently, few questions if you don't mind
Old 01-30-2017, 12:46 AM
Grizzbob
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TT_Vert
The learning curve won't be bad. I've not forgotten what i've learned in 30 years and I'll be running fairly consistent laps very quickly once I get the setup right. I've left the hobby before and it's like riding a bike, you don't ever forget it from my past experiences.

For those who have charged at high current and also discharge, what would you gestimate your lap times being reduced by? Do you notice more punch, top speed, both, etc?

I was looking some more at cheap chargers and this came up. Can charge at 10A and they say it can report IR. Is Ir something to monitor these days w/ LIPOS? I'm certainly not going to spend $350 for a charger any time, not because I cannot afford it but because I cannot justify it knowing what I know about charging circuitry, voltage monitoring and design.

More on the ESCS, anyone have a comment on these 45A vs. 60A ESCS, what do these motors draw at peak/continuous and will I notice getting a 60A vs. a 45A?

Thanks
Dave
I don't really know what a 25.5 actually draws, but I can tell you that a Justock(either Legacy or XR10 version, I have one of each) will handle it just fine & you will NOT notice a difference from the more expensive ESC's. When I got my first Justock, I had been using an original Novak GTB(the early Spread Spectrum ones, could handle most ANY motor, had VERY low IR & good throttle feel, it's only issues were its size & weight) & was given a Justock(was a prize at a VTA/F1 event), & since in that event I had noticed a LOT of guys using it(& running very well with it) I decided it'd be worth a try. So by the next race at that track I had installed it & was AMAZED at how well it ran, NO difference in laptimes, no difference in throttle feel, & at the same time, it fit MUCH more easily in my car & shaved around 20 grams of weight as well. Now, I run Hobbywings in ALL of my cars, & have not regretted it one bit, I think they're the best value in ESC's, & I don't feel I'm giving up ANYTHING to anyone else I race with(aside from my driving, of course, you can't buy that still, unfortunately). My other Justock(the XR10) I'm using in a Mini with a 21.5 motor, & it's the same deal, when I built my mini, I didn't have my XR10 yet, so I used whatever ESC I had available, which happened to be the HW V3.1(that was their top of the line model before the XR10 Pro), & then when I could get ahold of the Justock, I got one & installed it, & again, I saw NO difference in throttle or brakes, nor in heat or laptimes, the XR10 Justock was all I needed in the mini. I'd predict that you will NOT be disappointed....