R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo YZ-4
Thread: Yokomo YZ-4
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2017, 10:14 PM
renjie
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cracky1970
Heads up for those who run on dirt or clay tracks, I would buy extra front bumpers. I was going to run my car yesterday at OCRC and the car had drag like I've never experienced before. It felt like I had binding in the center mount section. I removed the belts to see where the binding was coming from, it was in the front transmission. I was in the process of removing the front trans, unscrewed the front bumper and removed it to get to the four screws that go into the transmission and what seemed like a hand full of dirt dropped out of the front transmission. I think the front bumper needs to be made out of a stronger material that wont wear out as fast.

Sorry to bring up an old post. Did you pinpoint the cause of the binding? I bought a used YZ4 and it has me a bit stumped as to why I have sooooo much of a bind. I've replaced the centre layshaft and pulley, added the narrow rear belt and used the rear belt pulley on the front. I'm at the stage of wondering if the chassis itself is tweaked.