R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - After three years, things have changed apparently, few questions if you don't mind
Old 01-29-2017, 10:09 PM
TT_Vert
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

The learning curve won't be bad. I've not forgotten what i've learned in 30 years and I'll be running fairly consistent laps very quickly once I get the setup right. I've left the hobby before and it's like riding a bike, you don't ever forget it from my past experiences.

For those who have charged at high current and also discharge, what would you gestimate your lap times being reduced by? Do you notice more punch, top speed, both, etc?

I was looking some more at cheap chargers and this came up. Can charge at 10A and they say it can report IR. Is Ir something to monitor these days w/ LIPOS? I'm certainly not going to spend $350 for a charger any time, not because I cannot afford it but because I cannot justify it knowing what I know about charging circuitry, voltage monitoring and design.

More on the ESCS, anyone have a comment on these 45A vs. 60A ESCS, what do these motors draw at peak/continuous and will I notice getting a 60A vs. a 45A?

Thanks
Dave