R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HobbyTown Tucson AZ
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2017, 08:57 PM
Riverbluff
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DesertRat
I think you are completely wrong. It will make a consistent racing surface and people wont have to deal with tires a tenth as often as they had to before, as a result it will speed up the slow a lot more than it will speed up the fast.

Or do you want it to be a constant fight to keep the exact amount of moisture in the dirt from round to round, the parts in the shade and not, and in the end wind up drawing the short straw of running in the 'mud heat'?
Honestly, that's part of the fun. I like the fact the track changes. Sure there are time the track is not perfect, sometimes too wet, sometimes too dry. It is off road and it's a big part of what makes off road what it is. It actually defeats the purpose of haveing an off road buggy/truck. If we were running rally cars then I'd say let's go for it, but we're not. We're running off road buggys and trucks.

Plus, this change to astroturf is going to exclude the 1/8 scale racers that came out. It's already been said 1/8 scale will be on hold, and if they let 1/8 scale happen, it is going to destroy the turf.