R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher KC 2wd Buggy
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 06:44 PM
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Having controlled tires and sauce does the exact opposite of favoring locals. Would you rather let it be a free for all. Having locals with intimate knowledge about when tires/foams come in there, which specific sauces work., pre breaking in tires/foams etc.? Makes no sense. I look forward to seeing more Schumacher cars

Originally Posted by motorcitymatt
Yeah, this event is kind of rough in that they keep the tires on lock down. They impound them and even have a control sauce and "saucing area". I guess it makes sense for competition at this level but seems to favor the hometown boys a little. And it certainly doesn't reflect what the average club racer is dealing with.

The local track I run on is probably medium bite Fall-Spring. But in the Summer it gets humid and the slicks come out and it is high bite. I think this car with motor position 4 will be incredible during slick season. Position 3 might even be possible. During the rest of the year on med bite I'll either try the KD or KC with position 4 and rear mounted shocks. I am betting the car will be a little more planted at the expense of some rotation/ corner speed.

And then there is that astro track opening up soon.....