R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher KC 2wd Buggy
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 06:06 PM
motorcitymatt
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks for posting these Tony. Definitely looking forward to mine showing up.

I think Michal did pretty well given the circumstances. The car was competitive all weekend and in rounds 4-6 there was a significant improvement relative to the field. Makes me think they made a setup change that was a difference maker. That or just the groove coming in as you mentioned.

That being said, based on the footage available, he definitely looked uncomfortable out there in practice until the 4th round. He was making mistakes at a rate I have never seen from him during the EOS carpet races. Shorting jumps, grip rolling and blown corners etc. There were some hero laps but the consistency wasn't there. I watched footage from the last EOS race and DHI and he just threw down perfect laps like a machine almost the whole time on the carpet.

I don't have any idea what is like for guys at this level to make the adjustments in their driving technique necessary to adjust for the different types of surfaces. Maybe it is not too hard for them. But Michal definitely was not performing at the level he typically does. What you guys think?