R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya XV-01
Thread: Tamiya XV-01
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 09:54 AM
haplm
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 4roller
Wow these things look amazing! The paint jobs are on point. The wheelbases are crazy long. Some of them don't go very fast, other seem like they can get air off jumps. I think the rally is really for scale, instead of racing. It looks super fun.

What kind of chassis are they using, what wheelsize? It looks like crawler wheels and tires. 1.9"

Off road Transport truck racing. I don't think you will see these kinds of trucks or chassis (in thier unmodified state) anywhere in North America. I think it's a EU/Asia thing. The closest thing I can think of is a garbage truck or a fire engine.

Very cool to see scale models, racing!
Those models are using very different platforms (Tamiya, Axial, LRP, ...), and as far as I know, they are almost always heavily modified to fit the body properly and to achieve the right handling. Even more modified than my XV-01 :-).

Speaking of which, I did my first race of the season yesterday, and learnt a lot. After some ESC parameters tuning, the car is working well, and surprisingly, the fan is not needed at all. The ESC didn't ever got hotter than 35deg C.