R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent Spyder SRX2MH
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 03:39 AM
dan_vector
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I've been used to running membrane style shocks in 4wd, 1/8 and onroad racing and so haven't much experience with emulsion style shocks. As I was in a hurry to get my 2wd SRX2-MH on track I used the shocks from the SRX4 just to get the initial runs done.

Anyway I've built a new set of pro shocks in emulsion style and I'm having a bit of an issue bleeding them. So with the shock oil air free and the body completely full I put the shock cap on and slowly push the shaft all the way in until the ball joint is touching the lower cap. I then put the bleed hole screw and oring in the cap.

The shock is smooth and relatively air free and doesn't hydraulic at the top of the stroke ie I can push the shaft all the way until the ball joint is touching the lower cap. However when I pull the shaft fully out and let go the shaft slowly goes back up into the body almost fully. Is this normal? If I re-bleed the shock and don't push the shaft all the way in before putting the bleed screw in the shock hydraulics.